My blogger friend Drea from The Drea Daily was kind enough to nominate me to participate in the 10 Questions Tag, which gives me the chance to answer 10 random questions she posed. I’m super excited that she tagged me because it’s a fun and quick way to discover a little more about bloggers outside of normal posts and to give other bloggers a little shine.
Here are my responses to Drea’s questions below:
1. Favorite TV series?
A Different World. Pretty much any episode of that show can boost my mood. I’ve been known to walk around my house wailing at the top of my lungs, trying to emulate the operatic singing in this clip that begins at 2:43:
2. Least favorite aspect of blogging?
I suppose what I enjoy least about it applies to writing in general and that is the process of creating. I’m SUPER slow at writing my posts. Sometimes I’ll start an idea and before I know it’s 2 am and I’m nowhere near finished.
3. Favorite phone app?
It’s not necessarily my favorite, but Twitter is the one I use most. My smartphone is so underutilized.
4. Your worst/most embarrassing habit?
Allowing my anxiety to consume me.
5. What’s the last song you listened to?
“Eternal Sunshine” by Jhené Aiko. Love her.
6. Water or soda?
Lawd knows I love me some Dr. Pepper, but water comes first.
7. Favorite person in the world besides yourself?
LOL @ besides myself. I guess I’d have to say my husband.
8. Time of day that you are the most productive?
9. Which topic would you rather discuss with someone you just met — politics or religion?
10. Most-used word in your vocabulary? (Can be slang and/or Ebonics.)
I find myself referring to something as “annoying” more than I’d like to. I need to get more creative when it comes to describing stuff that works my nerves.
A close runner-up, though, is “Chile,” as Urban Dictionary so aptly describes it is “pronounced like child but without the D at the end.” Sound like “Chiiiile,” where the emphasis on the “i” depends on the severity of the situation. It’s most often used to convey how I am sufficiently over something, or in total disbelief of a particular situation. Often accompanied by a mean side-eye. Can also be expressed as “I can’t even,” or a deep, dismissive sigh.
Now that I’ve revealed the good, the bad, and the ugly about myself, I nominate Andrea from Be-Quoted, Iris from AKAMISSI, Kia from KiaSmithWrites, Briana from BrianaFord.com and Zainab from BealeStreetSpeaks to answer the following 10 questions:
1. What’s one thing you would do if you weren’t afraid?
2. Name the last movie you watched.
3. Aside from blogging, what’s another pastime you enjoy?
4. Describe yourself in six words or less.
5. Name your favorite musician.
6. Where you were and what were you doing on New Year’s Eve 2014?
7. What is one of the happiest moments of your life?
8. How did you celebrate your last birthday (if you celebrate)?
9. Name the most interesting city you’ve visited.
10. If you could take a peek at what your life will be like five years from now, would you?
Looking forward to your responses, ladies! Don’t forget to link back to this post, create 10 questions of your own and tag five of your fellow bloggers.
Let me know what you thought of my responses to Drea’s questions in the comments section.